When & Why
The Ultimate Uptown design modernizes Maumee’s core infrastructure and reinvigorates the Uptown area for continued growth and enhanced pedestrian access. The design of the Uptown is currently underway, and designers are striving for a balance between vehicle and pedestrian traffic, essentially reallocating and sharing the road space to better serve the street’s full range of users. As traffic and the speed at which vehicles travel increases, residents and visitors will feel less comfortable interacting and walking in the Uptown public spaces. Wider streets and faster traffic often become a barrier to families and individuals practically and psychologically. Reducing the four travel lanes to three (Road Dieting) is endorsed and encouraged in many areas by the United States Department of Transportation (USDOT).
Visiting & Parking
The City of Maumee is working to ensure residents and visitors feel confident accessing all of the great uptown businesses and services. This new design includes the creation of approximately 200 additional parking spaces from reallocating road space.
Businesses Are Open
Our Uptown businesses are excited for the changes to come. During the project, businesses will remain open and available to serve you. We’re also excited that this redevelopment brings new opportunity for additional restaurants, bars and shopping to the Uptown area!
Activity Schedule Dates
- Surveying the Uptown Area March 28, 2021 – April 30, 2021
- Detailed Engineering & Construction Drawings March 28, 2021 -September 1, 2021
- Project Advertised for Bid . . . . . . . September 2, 2021
- Bid Award . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . October 18, 2021 – November 15, 2021
- Begin Construction . . . . . . . . . . . . .March 1, 2022 – March 14, 2022
- Construction Complete . . . . . . . . . .By November 3, 2023
Want To Stay Informed?
Visit the website regularly for updates and progress reports. You can also follow us on Facebook & Instagram !